Rajasthan, the "Land of Kings" situated south-west of Delhi, on the edge of the Thar Desert as it stretches to meet Pakistan, has been the home of proud Rajput warriors and seat of the mighty Mogul Empire. India at its exotic best! This deluxe desert-palace tour takes us through back roads to seldom seen castles converted into luxury hotels, hosted often by descendents of those who once claimed princely reign over the kingdoms of Rajasthan. The tour includes visits to Ranthambore Tiger Reserve and Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, two of the best wildlife parks in India, and culminates with the brightest jewel in India's crown, the TajMahal.
This is a tour that has an abundance of visual textures. Sweeping desert dunes, lush oases, jagged mountains accented with towering fortresses known as havelis, and towns of ornate architecture and vivid colours. The market places remain as traditional as they have for thousands of years. In the land of the Rajas, the camel is a common mode of transportation.
This tour should be considered Light adventure however well suited for couples or singles with ample space available in the support vehicle for non-riding participants. Tour runs during ideal climate conditions for the region. Early reservations are required.
Some Visuals from previous tours
Updated: May 30, 2017
- Our hotels - rarely does a tour offer such exciting lodging. When and where possible, we have selected numerous palaces converted to decadent hotels. Luxury...Raja style!
- Numerous havelis, or desert castles and forts, intricately carved sandstone buildings will be explored and in some cases will serve as your overnight stays.
- The ride. Through villages of the Rajasthani outback, you will get to see the real rural India.
- The Golden Fortress City of the Sands, Jaisalmer.
- Meherangarh Palace Fortress Museum, Jodphur.
- Brahman Lake, surrounded by the village of Pushkar, with bathing ghats to the holy waters encircling the entire lake. One of the most revered holy sites dedicated to Brahma the Creator in all of India.
- The Ranthambore Tiger Reserve is a 392 square kilometer rugged range of mountains and valleys. It may take some effort however we arrange 4X4 safaris to seek them out. There are believed to be roughly 60 tigers here. Sighting just one will be a treasure to remember.
- The Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary. Even if you are not a "bird person" by the end of this excursion you will be. The habitat is stunning and the wildlife that shares the preserve is memorable, not to mention the chauffeured three wheel bicycle ride!
- TajMahal. No visit to India would be complete without gazing upon this great wonder of the world, appropriately viewed just after sunrise.
- Quality. The Himalayan Moto tours are more expensive, we know. But with an abundance of low-end tour operators in India that cater to the "budget" crowd, you can be confident you are getting the best when you ride with us. Doing India on the cheap is possible. That is not how we roll at Himalayan Moto Tours.
14 days' vacation, 10 riding days
The Rajasthan motorcycle tour doesn't call for any special riding skills, other than coping with chaotic traffic in a few cities. Any competent road rider can easily handle the tour. The complete motorcycle tour covers nearly 2,000 km, with the longest distance ridden in one day being about 330 km.
For detailed information about this tour please get in touch with us by e-mail or phone.
- DATE: 21 JAN - 3 FEB 2018
- START/FINISH: DELHI
- NEAREST AIRPORT: INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- DAY 1 - Arrival in Delhi.
- DAY 2 - Nawalgrah
- DAY 3 - Nawalgrah
- DAY 4 - Jaisalmer
- DAY 5 - Jaisalmer
- DAY 6 - Jodhpur
- DAY 7 - Pushker
- DAY 8 - Ranthambhore.
- DAY 9 - Ranthambhore.
- DAY 10 - Ranthambhore.
- DAY 11 - Bharatpur
- DAY 12 - Agra
- DAY 13 - Delhi
- DAY 14 - Departure from Delhi.
* The first and last days mentioned in the itinerary are the arrival and departure days for tour start and end. Depending on the country you start in, you may have to leave a day early, subsequently, you will arrive one day later back home. Book your flights accordingly! Route and overnight places may change due to unforeseen events.
Palace and Boutique hotels
- Arrival and departure airport greet & hotel transfers, Delhi
- Excursion to the magnificent Taj Mahal and Fatepur sikiri
- 13 nights' accommodations, mostly in selected historical Raja Palaces
- Rental of fresh Royal Enfield 500 cc Bullet, the iconic motorcycle of India.
- Motorcycle fuel
- Most breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Experienced riding guide
- Support team in luggage/passenger vehicle (space available for non-riding participants)
- Entrances and excursion through Ranthambore Tiger Reserve and Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary
- Comprehensive pre-tour Information Booklet
- Himalayan Moto Tours apparel gift
- International airfare to and from India
- Indian visa
- Alcoholic beverages
- Meals, snacks and beverages taken individually or on free days
- Staff tips and gratuities for any special services
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance (mandatory)
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance (highly recommended)