Our newest India tour takes place in one of India's newest states, Uttarakhand, and focuses on the Garhwal and Kumaon regions. This is hill country--the roads are twisty and divine and the views are varied and stunning. In the lower hills think steep, jungly ridges and terraced fields of emerald green. Think old forts, British hill stations (most of our stays are in hill stations), deep gorges and rushing rivers. But these are the mountains, so also think superb views of high, snow-capped peaks as they pierce the clouds and scrape the indescribable blue of the Himalayan skies. Our route begins in the lower hills of Dehradun and wends its way up, skirting the Nanda Devi National Park before dropping back down into the Jim Corbette National Park. And yes, wild Tigers do roam these hills! We finish the tour with a stop in Rishikesh for some sadhu consultation and possibly a bit of white water rafting. Roads are paved throughout and riding difficulty is moderate. Traffic will be generally light, but these are the hills, so twists and curves require constant attention.The perfect seasons for this ride are early fall and spring,
Some Visuals from previous tours
Updated: May 30, 2017
- Hill Stations, including Mussoorie, Chamba, Pipalkoti, Lansdowne and Nainital
- Rishikesh - City of Sages
- Rafting on the Ganges
- Tiger Safari at Corbett National Park
- Stunning views of Himalayas, including Nanda Devi - India's second highest peak
- DAY 1 - ARRIVE DELHI.
- DAY 2 - FLY TO DEHRADUN.
- DAY 3 - CHAMBA VIA MUSSOORIE (90 km)
- DAY 4 - RIDE TO CHAMBA TO RUDRAPRAYAG (125 km)
- DAY 5 - RIDE RUDRAPRAYAG TO PIPALKOTI - VIA UKHIMATH (135 km)
- DAY 6 - RIDE PIPALKOTI TO KAUSANI (155 km)
- DAY 7 - RIDE KAUSANI TO NAINITAL (115 km).
- DAY 8 - RIDE NAINITAL TO CORBETT PARK - VIA RANIKHET (140 km).
- DAY 9 - REST DAY CORBETT PARK JUNGLE SAFARI.
- DAY 10 - RIDE CORBETT TO LANSDOWNE (140 km).
- DAY 11 - RIDE LANSDOWNE TO RISHIKESH (120 km).
- DAY 12 - RISHIKESH (MORNING RIVER RAFTING).
- DAY 13 - FLY TO DELHI OVERNIGHT IN DELHI.
- DAY 14 - FLY TO HOME.
- Date: March 11 - 24, 2018
- Start/Finish: New Delhi, India
- Nearest Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Price: USD $3,995, $3,545 pillion, Single Supplement $695
Please phone or email for details.
Best available, ranging from four star to boutique, including some more basic guest houses in more remote locations.
Roads are primarily paved and of varying quality with some gravel and unpaved sections.
- Rider rental of 500cc Royal Enfield Bullet
- Motorcycle fuel
- 13 nights' accommodations (double occupancy)
- All group dinners
- All group lunches
- Purified water during the ride
- Multilingual riding guide
- Support/luggage van with driver and crew
- Greeting at airport and transfer on arrival in Delhi
- Transfers Delhi
- Domestic flights Delhi/Dehradun/Delhi
- Cultural and historical tours of interest
- Pre-tour preparation materials
- International airfare to Delhi
- India visa
- Alcoholic beverages
- Staff tips
- Tips for special services
- Emergency med-evac insurance (required)
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance (highly recommended)
- Any inclusion not specified